Sugar23 Audio is crewing up for a weekly news podcast co-produced with a major news organization, with roles starting in the next few weeks.
The show is a weekly deep dive into a person who is playing a major role in shaping our world. The show’s structure will include conversational interviews and documentary segments.
All positions are NYC-area preferred, but we will consider exceptional candidates not in the NYC area. Please see bottom of this posting for submission instructions.
Sugar23 Audio is a division of the management and creative company, Sugar23, founded by Academy Award®-winning manager-producer Michael Sugar (Spotlight, The Knick, Dickinson, 13 Reasons Why, The Report, and more). Our audio team empowers world-renowned storytellers, thinkers, and visionaries to create entertaining and impactful podcasts.Review and edit scripts and cuts.
- Work with production team to receive project files and assets.
- Design the sound of each episode.
- Receive notes and implement changes quickly.
- Mix and deliver final master episodes.
- Proven experience as a sound designer and mixer.
- Ability to enhance the storytelling of a podcast through sound design.
- Proficient in ProTools.
- Able to work quickly and under pressure on a weekly show.
$700 - $900/day
Approx 1 day per episode
If you are interested in a position, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- 3 – 4 sentence description of why you would be a good fit for the position you’re applying for. A cover letter is not necessary.
- In the subject line, please write ‘Sugar23 News Podcast Submission,’ along with the job you are applying for.
Please submit ASAP if interested.
Sugar23 Podcast Group LLC (together with its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.