Sugar23 Audio is crewing up for a weekly news podcast co-produced with a major news organization, with roles starting in the next few weeks.
The show is a weekly deep dive into a person who is playing a major role in shaping our world. The show’s structure will include conversational interviews and documentary segments.
All positions are NYC-area preferred, but we will consider exceptional candidates not in the NYC area. Please see bottom of this posting for submission instructions.
Sugar23 Audio is a division of the management and creative company, Sugar23, founded by Academy Award®-winning manager-producer Michael Sugar (Spotlight, The Knick, Dickinson, 13 Reasons Why, The Report, and more). Our audio team empowers world-renowned storytellers, thinkers, and visionaries to create entertaining and impactful podcasts.
The senior producer will serve as the show’s main creative and editorial voice.
- Outline the story of each episode.
- Work closely with show host/producer and news organization editor.
- Write scripts and interview questions.
- Direct interviews and host tracking.
- Cut tape, provide feedback and give notes for cuts.
- Assemble Descript project and edit
- Supervise research.
- Supervise production team.
- Write copy, title, and notes for RSS feed release.
- 3 – 4 years experience producing and or editing news or documentary podcast content. Experience producing a weekly podcast a necessity.
- Strong, proven storytelling ability. A talent for finding the exciting, unexpected, and dramatic.
- Curious, flexible, creative and cool under pressure, with an interest in a wide range of news subjects.
- Comfortable working with talent and coaching talent through reads.
If you are interested in a position, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- 3 – 4 sentence description of why you would be a good fit for the position you’re applying for. A cover letter is not necessary.
- In the subject line, please write ‘Sugar23 News Podcast Submission,’ along with the job you are applying for.
Sugar23 Podcast Group LLC (together with its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.