Sugar23 Audio is crewing up for a weekly news podcast co-produced with a major news organization, with roles starting in the next few weeks.
The show is a weekly deep dive into a person who is playing a major role in shaping our world. The show’s structure will include conversational interviews and documentary segments.
All positions are NYC-area preferred, but we will consider exceptional candidates not in the NYC area. Please see bottom of this posting for submission instructions.
Sugar23 Audio is a division of the management and creative company, Sugar23, founded by Academy Award®-winning manager-producer Michael Sugar (Spotlight, The Knick, Dickinson, 13 Reasons Why, The Report, and more). Our audio team empowers world-renowned storytellers, thinkers, and visionaries to create entertaining and impactful podcasts.
The managing producer is responsible for managing the entire show.
- Oversee logistics for production and post-production.
- Manage budget, schedules, and staff.
- Coordinate interviews and host reads.
- Manage distribution of script and audio assets.
- Wrap production paperwork and equipment.
- Assure timely delivery of episode to RSS feed.
- 3 years of podcast experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience managing projects against deadline and budget.
- Curious, flexible, creative and cool under pressure. Possess an ability to marshal a team under time constraints.
- Enthusiasm for working on time-sensitive, newsworthy productions.
This is a part-time position.
$900/week, approximately 15 – 20 hours a week.
If you are interested in a position, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- 3 – 4 sentence description of why you would be a good fit for the position you’re applying for. A cover letter is not necessary.
- In the subject line, please write ‘Sugar23 News Podcast Submission,’ along with the job you are applying for.
Sugar23 Podcast Group LLC (together with its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.